Thank you Beaumont! Donations accepted until July 31, 2014.
Congratulations to all our top fundraisers.
|The 2014 5k Walk to END Lupus NOW-Beaumont is the Lupus Foundation of America, Texas Gulf Coast Chapter's annual walk fundraiser. Proceeds from this event support programs such as Education and Outreach, Direct Services, Research and overall support of the lupus community in the Texas Gulf Coast Region.|
Walk and fundraise with supporters from the entire Texas Gulf Coast region to help the Lupus Foundation of America find a cure for lupus. Walk to END Lupus Now - Beaumont is a half day of fun with food and activities for the entire family!
Why should you participate in the 5K Walk to END Lupus Now-Beaumont?
• More than 1.5 million Americans have lupus.
• The effects on individuals with lupus and their family and friends can be life diminishing, chronic and life threatening.
• Lupus is one of the most misunderstood and misdiagnosed disease, with no known cause.
Join us and help bring hope to millions of individuals affected by lupus. Get started today!
1. Register for the Walk.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal. We suggest about $300, minimum.
3. Form a Team and find a creative team name. Walking with a team is much more fun and makes it easier to raise money.
4. Start raising money. Set up a personal page online to email to everyone you know. Inform everyone you communicate with, including all social networking media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and let them know you are participating in the Walk to END Lupus Now and ask for their support. Have your Facebook friends post the event on their wall.
5. Walk with your friends, family, team and the rest of the Texas Gulf Coast participants on April 12, 2014. Rain or shine, we’ll be there!
6. After the Walk. Post your photos on your Facebook page and share your experience with all your friends. Everyone has until July 31, 2014 to continue raising funds.
7. Win Great Prizes! The top three ‘individual” fundraisers on April 12, will win prizes donated by local merchants
Free Parking - Lamar University-Setzer Student Center
T-shirts will be distributed at the event on Saturday morning, beginning at 7:30 a.m. at the Setzer Student Center.